In California, any of the below persons can start the probate process, in the order of priority below:
- A person named as an executor or personal representative in a will can start probate.
- A spouse.
- A child.
- Parents of the deceased person.
- Siblings of the deceased person.
- Heirs or relatives.
- The Public Guardian.
- A Conservator.
- A Professional Fiduciary;
- and Even a creditor can start probate in California.
To obtain legal advice about who start probate in California, call Mina Sirkin, Probate Attorney at 818-340-4479.